Recipe by carolinafan
Easy and low fat. For the slow-cooker.
Top Review by nancyaar
I was happy to find a slow cooker recipe for rice pilaf. This basic formula is great for using whatever veggies I have on hand. I think 12 servings would be extremely modest portions... 4-6 is more typical for my family.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked converted long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4-cup glass measuring cup, combine broth and water. Microwave on High for 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming hot.
- Meanwhile, spray 4 to 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine rice and oil in sprayed slow cooker; mix well. Stir in all remaining ingredients and hot broth mixture.
- Cover; cook on High setting 1-1/2 to 2 hours.