These rolls are very delicious, easy to make and low fat. Fab as a starter, and people are always very impressed. They can be served cold, but I prefer to perpare them in advance, leave them in the fridge covered with a wet tea towel and then steam them for two minutes just before serving. I like to serve them with a sweet chili sauce and vietnamese coleslaw (I shall post this recipe also).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Firstly, mix the rice vinegar, water, caster sugar, salt and garlic in a large bowl and leave to sit.
- 2Soak the rice vermicelli in boiling water for about 10 minutes, until it is no longer hard (but not soggy!).
- 3Add the noodles, cabbage, carrot, coriander and spring onions to the dressing and mix well.
- 4Now set up your production line- get a flat bowl and fill it with hot water. Take a rice paper sheet and soak it in the water until it's soft- about 15 seconds.
- 5remove it from the water and place on a clean tea towel. Spoon some of the mixture onto the rice paper.
- 6Fold in the bottom first, then the sides, and roll to form a cigar shape.
- 7Continue the same with the rest of the rolls.
- 8These can be prepared well in advance and stored in the fridge under a wet tea towel- see the recipe description above for serving suggestions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Rice Paper Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: