Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
These rolls are very delicious, easy to make and low fat. Fab as a starter, and people are always very impressed. They can be served cold, but I prefer to perpare them in advance, leave them in the fridge covered with a wet tea towel and then steam them for two minutes just before serving. I like to serve them with a sweet chili sauce and vietnamese coleslaw (I shall post this recipe also).
- Firstly, mix the rice vinegar, water, caster sugar, salt and garlic in a large bowl and leave to sit.
- Soak the rice vermicelli in boiling water for about 10 minutes, until it is no longer hard (but not soggy!).
- Add the noodles, cabbage, carrot, coriander and spring onions to the dressing and mix well.
- Now set up your production line- get a flat bowl and fill it with hot water. Take a rice paper sheet and soak it in the water until it's soft- about 15 seconds.
- remove it from the water and place on a clean tea towel. Spoon some of the mixture onto the rice paper.
- Fold in the bottom first, then the sides, and roll to form a cigar shape.
- Continue the same with the rest of the rolls.
- These can be prepared well in advance and stored in the fridge under a wet tea towel- see the recipe description above for serving suggestions.
I only followed the instructions for the noodles and vinegar sauce, but it was great!! Thanks!