Recipe by papergoddess
Great for Christmas gifts, or just to have around for quick dinner side dishes. Posted in reply to a request.
Top Review by papergoddess
Darlene, you are more observant than I am. You are absolutely right about the amount of water. Instant rice is a one-to-one ratio, one cup rice, one cup water. This was an error in the cookbook I got the recipe from. Thanks for catching it. I submitted a correction.
- 4 cups instant rice (Minute)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package vegetable soup mix (Lipton or Knorr)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet red peppers or 2 tablespoons green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- ;mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.
- TO PREPARE RICE: In a saucepan, combine water, butter, and 1 cup rice mix.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.