Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This makes a complete meal, fresh rolls and dinners ready.
- fresh tomato, chopped (canned may be used)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower
- other vegetables, of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water (less if using canned tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon broth, concentrate (like beef, chicken, vegetable soup base)
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups preferred cheese (or combination of cheeses)
- Layer the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with tomatoes.
- Dice the green pepper, onion, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and other vegetables of choice.
- Layer half the vegetables over tomatoes.
- Layer rice.
- Layer other half of vegetables.
- Layer on top with more chopped tomatoes.
- Pour water, vinegar, broth concentrate, hot sauce, salt, and pepper over casserole.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, then remove cover and top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 15 to 30 minutes.