1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Carmen B.'s Note:
This easily feeds 12 people so cut in half for a smaller group or double for a large group. You can add mushrooms, corn, string beans or whatever vegetables you'd like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed, divided
- 1 teaspoon celery salt, divided
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced banana peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add rice.
- 3Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Stir in the parsley, 1 teaspoons dill and 3/4 teaspoons celery salt; set aside.
- 5In a skillet, saute carrots, tomato, green pepper, onions, celery and banana peppers in oil until crisp tender.
- 6Stir in soup, milk, basil, thyme, pepper and remaining dill and celery salt.
- 7Divide rice mixture in half and place in a 12" by 9" by 2" baking pan.
- 8Top with vegetable mixture then other half of rice mixture.
- 9Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: