Prep 7 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was so GOOD! I had stuff left over. We are on a very tight budget, which precludes the extravagant waste of food, so I concocted this recipe in order to stick to my guns, so to speak. It was WAY good, and you can substitute your own ingredients. It is mega-versatile. Enjoy it! NOTE: You can also add pre-cooked meat to this, and season accordingly to make a one-dish meal!
- 1 dash cooking spray, as needed
- 1 cup cooked rice (cooked weight)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mixed vegetables (canned-precooked until soft but not yet tender)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs (left over) or 1⁄3 cup prepared stuffing (left over)
- 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch Hungarian paprika
- Spray 2-quart casserole to prevent massive sticking.
- Layer the casserole contents in exactly the order listed above.
- Cover and bake in a 375°F oven for 35-40 minutes.
A good week night dish... healthy, tasty and easy. Thanks!