Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
a very easy, colourful vegetable dish.
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 medium courgettes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the carrots and courgettes into thin ribbon like slices.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan and add the carrots.
- Return stock to the boil, then add the courgettes.
- Boil rapidly for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in parsley, season lightly and serve hot.
The vegetable ribbons were beautiful and added a touch of elegance to the dinner plate. Broth also added a nice flavor to this simple dish.