Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Time Life Great Taste Low Fat
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small summer squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 ounces reduced fat neufchatel cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Prepare the veggies. Take the squash and hold in one hand. Using the other take a sharp swivel vegetable peeler and run it down the length of the squash cutting off wide thin strips to create the vegetable ribbons.
- Take the white and light green parts of the leek and cut into 2 inch Julienne strips. Cut the peppers into thin strips. Cut the cheese into small pieces.
- Now In a deep nonstick skillet, heat oil til hot but not smoking over med heat. Add the leek, garlic and cook stirring frequently until the leek is softened about 7 minutes. Add the peppers, broth and cook until peppers are softened about 6 more minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender then drain.
- Add the Veggie Riboons to the skillet and cook until tender about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook until cheese melts [about 1 minute].
- Add pasta, toss and place on serving dish.
- Note times is active and passive not prep and cooking.
- Use young squash for less seeds.
I love this dish. My friend made it for me right after I had my baby. So delish, the only thing I would add is to include ribbons of carrots, too. I'll be making this again before the end of the summer.