1/2 Photos of Vegetable Ratatouille With Pasta
1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful vegetarian dish. I made this recently and added in some herbs de provence spice which gave it a really nice flavor...I have to say that this is one of the better ratatouille recipes that I have made, and even good without using the pasta. The zucchini can be replaced with yellow squash, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggplants, cut into about 1/2-inch squares
- 3 large onions, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 medium zucchini, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces (or use 2 red or 2 yellow bell peppers, but don't use green)
- 8 -9 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 pinch dried thyme (or 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme)
- 1 lb penne (can use more than 1 pound) or 1 lb rigatoni pasta, uncooked (can use more than 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (more for sprinkling)
- 1Stir together chopped eggplants, onions, 1/4 cup olive oil and salt to taste in a large roasting pan, then roast the mixture on the second-lowest oven rack at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add in zucchini, bell peppers and 2 tablespoons oil and more salt; return to oven and roast for another 20-25 minutes or until the bell peppers are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, while veggies are roasting in the oven (or you can prepare this hours in advance also) in a large saucepan, simmer the chopped tomatoes, garlic, thyme and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bit more salt to taste; simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- 4Remove the roasting pan and stir in the tomato mixture into the roasting pan.
- 5Add in about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; stir to combine, and season with black pepper and more salt if needed; set the roasting pan aside.
- 6Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water seasoned with about 1 tablespoon salt; cook until JUST firm-tender; drain.
- 7While the pasta is cooking, stir in fresh parsley and basil to the veggies in the roasting pan; mix to combine.
- 8Add in the cooked drained pasta to about 1/3 of the veggie mixture; toss to combine.
- 9Spread the remaining cooked pasta on a large serving dish and top with remaining ratatouille on top.
- 10Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Ratatouille With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 82.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g