Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a quick make ahead veggie pasta which will please people who like spicy food.
- 1 yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 roma tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 serrano chili, chopped (for medium spicy)
- 1 red pepper, roasted and peeled, medium chopped
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (frozen or any of your favourites chopped into cubes)
- 2 (3 ounce) packets oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles (or whatever your favourite is)
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (dhania jeeru powder available in Indian stores)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (if you like it extra hot, otherwise omit this.)
- 4 tablespoons spaghetti sauce (Ragu or Prego will do)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or 2 teaspoons any other vegetable oil
- Heat the oil, add the onion and the tomato and serrano chili and saute till tender,add the red pepper.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the flavour maker of one ramen packet and the maggi bullion cube.
- Stir well.
- Add the veggies, the cumin (dhaniajeeru powder) and 1/2 a cup of water and cook the veggies till tender.
- Taste and add extra salt and red chili powder if required.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and cook for five minutes more.
- When ready to eat, boil the ramen in water and drain (don't use any flavor maker).
- Toss with the veggie mix.
What a tasty easy dish! (and I am not even close to a vegan)