1/1 Photo of Vegetable Ragout
Serve with a crusty loaf of French bread...mmm. This recipe comes from the Moosewood Restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced in 1/2 pieces
- 4 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cut green beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy stew pot. Saute the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and green beans for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add the bay leaves, thyme and red wine and boil, uncovered for 3 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the zucchini and mushrooms.
- 5Combine the sauce ingredients and then stir the sauce into the vegetables.
- 6Simmer about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 7While the vegetables are stewing, cook the potatoes separately in salted boiling water until they are tender.
- 8Drain and add them to the ragout a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1113.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: