Recipe by Bayhill
Quinoa is a delicate flavored, rice-like grain that is a rich source of protein.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Really wonderful quinoa, loved all the fresh vegetables melded into the wonderful mix of grain. I ran out of quinoa - (for the full servings) so I added a bit of wild rice along side. It's so wonderful, you will have to eat the first bowl all by yourself, and then squeak in for a second helping! Very easy to put together, and the topping of the parmesan cheese is a perfect addition. Made for *Photo Swap* Photo Forum January 2010
- 236.59 ml quinoa, uncooked
- 414.03 ml canned chicken broth, undiluted
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, finely chopped (use white portion only)
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 177.44 ml carrot, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1.23 ml salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse quinoa with cold water according to the directions on the package; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks, peppers, carrots, and celery. Cook for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Combine vegetable mixture and quinoa. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.