1/3 Photos of Vegetable Quinoa Pilaf
Quinoa is a delicate flavored, rice-like grain that is a rich source of protein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml quinoa, uncooked
- 414.03 ml canned chicken broth, undiluted
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, finely chopped (use white portion only)
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 177.44 ml carrot, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1.23 ml salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Rinse quinoa with cold water according to the directions on the package; drain.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 3In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks, peppers, carrots, and celery. Cook for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 4Combine vegetable mixture and quinoa. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Quinoa Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 606.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g