Dee Coonhound's Note:
From Redbook Using tortillas for the crust and fat-free egg product, reduced-fat cheese, and evaporated fat-free milk for the filling cuts the fat down to just 4 grams per serving. A traditional quiche has more than 20 grams of fat per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 ounces shredded reduced-fat swiss cheese, cheddar (1/2 cup) or 2 ounces mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, fat-free
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices sweet red peppers (thin strips) (optional)
- 11. Coat three 6- to 7-inch individual round baking dishes or pans* with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully press tortillas into dishes or pans. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2• 2. In a small covered saucepan cook the broccoli, the 1/2 cup sweet pepper strips, and the green onions in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Sprinkle cooked vegetables over cheese in baking dishes or pans.
- 3• 3. In a medium mixing bowl stir together egg product, evaporated milk, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Pour over vegetables in baking dishes or pans. Place on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near center of each comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional strips of sweet pepper, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- 4• *Note: Or, coat six 6-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. To form crust, press 3 tortilla wedges into each custard cup with points toward center. Tortillas do not have to cover cups completely. Continue as above.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Quiches
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 269.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute