1/2 Photos of Vegetable Quiche Cups -SBD-
These are a breakfast option in the South Beach Diet (phase 1). They can be eaten hot or cold and can also be frozen. These make a handy and healthy snack to take to work too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites or 3/4 cup egg white substitute or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers or 1/4 cup green pepper (or mixture of both)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce, if desired,to taste
- 1Heat oven to 350F.
- 2Line a 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray the cups with cooking spray.
- 3Thaw and drain spinach, wring it out well by hand.
- 4Mix the spinach, egg whites or substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, hot pepper sauce and salt in a bowl.
- 5Fill the foil cups with the mixture.
- 6Bake at 350F or 20 minutes, testing so that a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7Remove from cups to serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Quiche Cups -SBD-
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pasteurized liquid egg-whites