Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my version. I think they are good hot or cold and they are not fattening. I have used regular size muffin tins and also smaller bite size tins so adjust your recipe accordinly as well as cooking time. Also you may use type of cheese and amount for your taste buds.
- 1⁄2 diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 diced red bell pepper
- 1 small diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup diced mushroom
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, whipped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking oil.
- Saute first 6 ingredients.
- Add shredded cheese to eggs until blended.
- Place sauted veggies and ham in bottom of each tin (approx. 1/2 tsp-depending on size of tins).
- Pour egg and cheese mixture over each tin almost to top.
- Bake 20 - 30 minutes again depends on size of tins.
- Serve hot or cold.
Delicious! To make them very healthful/low fat, I used egg substitute (the kind in the cartons), veggie/soy "ham", and low fat cheese. It tasted just like the original but with fewer calories. :) great recipe... definitely a keeper.
These were very tasty. Easy to put together. To fill the muffin tin to the top I had to add 3 more eggs. This made 12 muffins for us. Made just as stated. Thanks
Made this on a whim as I had eggs, a red pepper and some mushrooms to use. I substituted egg whites for the eggs (as I didn't have whole eggs in the house), used a low fat cheddar cheese mixture and substituted Canadian bacon. I followed the advice of Bobbie by spooning in the meat, veggie mixture and cheese to each individual muffin tin to ensure even distribution. I love the individual serving sizes and the flavor was perfect. I will make these again!