Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
A co-worker made this for a luncheon. She made it in a square pan, cut the quiche into roughly 2-3 inch squares and served as a sandwich on small whole wheat rolls. I'm not sure what size pan she cooked it in - either an 8 x 8 or and 8 x 11; they were a good inch/inch and a half thick. It was delicious! Haven't made this recipe myself yet - wanted to hurry and get it here for safe keeping!
- 2 large yellow squash, grated
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 cup flour
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt, to taste
- cracked pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the squash and sprinkle with salt.
- Let sweat for an hour (this means getting all the water out of them).
- After an hour, squeeze out the water and transfer squash to another bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Grease pan with canola oil, pour in quiche mix and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Switch to broil the last 5 minutes, watch closely so the top doesn't burn.