Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, slices
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked unprocessed oat bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- steam brocolli and next 4 ingredients for about 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- In a blender, place cottage cheese, egg substitute, oat bran, dry mustard and paprika; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cooked vegetables.
- Add shredded cheese and stir.
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar (at room temperature) at high speed of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg mixtures into vegetable-cheese mixture.
- Spoon into a potato crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F, for 45 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.