Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this up for breakfast this morning, it seemed like something that would be healthy and good.
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips about one inch long
- 1⁄2 portabella mushroom, cut into strips
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Chop all vegetables, and toss them with the extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Place vegetables in pie crust.
- Sprinkle feta on top.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, milk, rosemary and basil.
- Pour into pie crust, over vegetables-smoosh vegetables down if necessary to get them coated with egg mixture.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 15-20 minutes longer, until knife in center comes out clean.