Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A terrific way to recycle leftover vegetables into something new and exciting. Small portions might make a nice appetizer. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup potato, mashed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup corn (either grated fresh or canned whole kernel, drained)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
- Preheat oil to 350F in a large skillet or deep fryer.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly (the batter should drop from the spoon).
- Drop by teaspoons into the hot oil and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.