Very easy and quick to make muffin. Whenever I brought this to a party I was asked for the recipe so I think there are a lot of people who actually like this type of muffin very much. You can prepare this recipe with all kinds of fillings (vegetables, fish and meat as well). Just try them out and find the one you like best.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C; grease your muffin pan.
- Cook the mixed vegetables until just tender.
- In a big bowl mix cream, 50 g cheese, flour and eggs. Season to taste. Add the veggies.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets in half. Stretch them a bit and line each muffin mold with one half.
- Fill with the veggie-mixture and then press together the tops of the puff pastry so that you get little packets in which the veggies are enclosed. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
OMG these are delicious! They are like mini pie/quiche. Puff pastry was nice and crunchy and filling was smooth with creamy texture. I used light cream and brush top of the muffins with egg wash. My husband loved it! I had 6 large ones. I will make them regularly as they are quick put together. Thank you!
This just made a great lunch for the DM and I - I ate 3 and the DM had 2. As I only had 2 sheets of puff pastry (they measure 22cm square) I made 8 and baked at 180C fan forced and cooked for 25 minutes for a nice rich golden brown and flaky crunchy pastry. I used a mix for peas, corns and carrots but can see endless combinations and even using left over vegies and a great way to get vegies into the vegie hating DM. Thank you Lalaloula, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.
I was very please with how these turned out. I doubled the quantity of Emmenthal in the muffin and grated an additional 50 g to sprinkle on top. The puff pastry seemed to be rather thin once it was stretched out to cover all the muffin tins but they turned out great! Delicious too. Thanks for sharing. Made for Veggie Swap 23.