1/1 Photo of Vegetable Pot Pie (Vegan)
1 hr 20 mins
Good vegan holiday or potluck dish. My favorite recipe from my friends the Farley's. I would always request this dish when we would get together and I'm so happy to have the recipe! Always got rave reviews at potlucks we'd attend when my friends brought this dish. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups potatoes, diced small
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced small
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen peas (can use green beans instead if you prefer)
- 1 cup seitan (gluten steaks or any other kind of mock meat can be used. My favorite is Worthington FriChik, but I ) or 1 cup textured vegetable protein (my favorite is Worthington FriChik, but I believe it has egg in it so its not vegan only vegetarian)
- 1Steam potatoes, carrots, and onion until tender.
- 2Add vegetable protein and peas. Mix lightly.
- 3Place this mixture in a casserole dish and set aside.
- 4Combine Cream Sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- 5Pour Cream Sauce ingredients into a saucepan and cook on low to medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 6Pour Cream Sauce over vegetables in casserole dish.
- 7Start pie crust by mixing whole wheat flour, unbleached white flour and salt together in a bowl.
- 8Blend together oil and water and then add this liquid mixture to the dry mixture (flours and salt). Stir.
- 9Roll out between two sheets of wax paper.
- 10Cover vegetables and cream sauce in casserole dish with pie crust.
- 11Bake in the oven, 424-450 degrees F, for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Pot Pie (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 405.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: