1/2 Photos of Vegetable Pot Pie / Pies
1 hr 25 mins
I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
Finally comfort food for us vegetarians!! Posted for ZWT III these little guys are really good and the beauty part is you can make a lot of the filling and freeze it for later, and you can also vary the filling according to what vegetables you have left over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk or 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or swiss)
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Note: you will need 6 1 cup capacity ramekins for this recipe.
- 2Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- 3Microwave the potato, carrot, and broccoli until just tender.
- 4Spray a pan with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium heat, cook the onion and the bell pepper until just softened, put in the same bowl with the microwaved vegetables and add the thawed peas.
- 5Heat the butter in the pan and melt over medium heat, stir in the flour until absorbed to make a roux.
- 6Gradually add in the milk, stirring constantly, bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer until thick.
- 7Add the cheese and egg yolks to the mixture and salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Add the sauce to the vegetables and stir in the mushrooms.
- 9Once the puff pastry has thawed out (make sure to read package directions) use one.
- 10of the ramekins to outline six circles of puff pastry. The puff pastry should be cut large enough to fit over the edge of the ramekins.
- 11Spray all of the ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and then fill them with the vegetable mixture.
- 12Top each ramekin with the puff pastry, seal the edges, and cut two or three small slits in the top of the pastry to release steam.
- 13Brush the tops of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- 14Bake for a half hour until the pastry is shiny and golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Pot Pie / Pies
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.0
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 525.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g