Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made up this recipe after hearing some women in a coffee shop talking about chicken pot pie. I love savory pies but I'm vegetarian so I devised this meatless version which I think is just as good. The choice of vegetables can be changed quite a bit based on what you have on hand. I think adding some frozen peas would be good for example. Anyway, enjoy!
- 2 pie crusts (from the store or your own recipe)
- 1 cup potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup (or cream of mushroom)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bottom crust in pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Boil cubed potatoes until just short of done.
- Add olive oil to skillet and saute onions and celery for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to onion celery and continue to saute until soft.
- In a bowl, combine soup, milk, and spices.
- To the bowl, add drained potatoes and onion mixture.
- Pour filling into bottom pie crust and cover with top crust, making sure to crimp the edges.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
(just about) What I was looking for. it collapsed as soon as I dished it out so it didn't have that nice pie look; which is probably mostly due to not making it as individual servings. easy recipe. Spices: sage and oregano. Vegetables: I added frozen corn and frozen peas to the liquid/spice mixture, and put the carrots and the mushrooms in the pan together. I used cream of broccoli soup. I also added an extra 1/4c. milk to balance my bountiful filling.
I'm excited to experiment with different vegetable and soup combinations, and make many more times.
thanks for sharing!!