Recipe by Anonymity
I am not a vegetarian but I love this recipe. It is very hearty even without any meat.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cut-up green beans
- 1⁄2 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fines herbes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until soft for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, peas, carrot, green beans, and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, paprika, broth, parsley, fines herbes, and salt. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl, blend biscuit mix with cornmeal, cheese and buttermilk. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until it loses its stickiness, 3 to 4 minutes. Roll out dough to size of baking dish.
- Carefully lift rolled out dough and place to cover casserole dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden brown.