Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The subtle blend of flavors from the vegetables complement, without detracting from, the salmon. One serving supplies almost 2 grams of omega-3 fatty acids.
- 3 cups water
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 to 2 inches thick
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced,for garnish
- 1⁄2 lime, thinly sliced,for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients except salmon and remaining lemon and lime in a large skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Set salmon in simmering broth, cover, and gently simmer for 10 minutes, or until fish is opaque.
- Place on serving plate with fresh lemon and lime garnish.
- Good served warm or cold.
I've made this recipe several times now & it always comes out good. Last time I made it I got involved on the phone, totally overcooked it & it was still really good,& not at all dry. this recipe also can be modified for one with no problems.
This turned out very pretty. The fish was moist and tender. Unfortunatly, my husband thought it was too "fishy", but my toddler liked it. I guess I won't be making this again, unless Dada's away for dinner.