Recipe by mielhollinger
The subtle blend of flavors from the vegetables complement, without detracting from, the salmon. One serving supplies almost 2 grams of omega-3 fatty acids.
Top Review by Lori in Brooklyn
I've made this recipe several times now & it always comes out good. Last time I made it I got involved on the phone, totally overcooked it & it was still really good,& not at all dry. this recipe also can be modified for one with no problems.
- 3 cups water
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 to 2 inches thick
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced,for garnish
- 1⁄2 lime, thinly sliced,for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except salmon and remaining lemon and lime in a large skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Set salmon in simmering broth, cover, and gently simmer for 10 minutes, or until fish is opaque.
- Place on serving plate with fresh lemon and lime garnish.
- Good served warm or cold.