Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pizza rollups with a varity of vegetables to make them healthier.
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Divide the thawed dough into 4 balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a line about 6-inch across and 1/4 inch high.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce into each strip and spread it out to the edges.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the onion and bell peppers until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the other vegetables and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Set aside; let cool.
- Layer the cooled vegetables on the dough strips and top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Roll each dough strip up jelly roll style. Using a serated knife, cut each log into 6 slices.
- Place the slices on a lightly greased baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.