Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Everyday Health.
Make and share this Vegetable Pita Pizzas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large whole wheat pita bread
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup assorted fresh vegetable (such as small broccoli or cauliflower florets, red sweet pepper strips, sliced fresh mushrooms, and)
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place pita bread rounds on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat an unheated small skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add the vegetables; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Spread pizza sauce on pita bread rounds; sprinkle with cooked vegetables and cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until light brown. Serve warm.
Made this for Spring PAC 2008 - Can't be easier than this!! Used some red bell peppers, some mushrooms and did add a few turkey pepperoni. Thanks internetnut! :)