Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this last night. The ginger in the pilaf gives nice flavour and the smell of ginger makes whet your appetite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, well rinsed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup frozen beans
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add onion. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Add rice and 1 teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low.
- Add all the frozen vegetables. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes.