Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
This is a nice crustless pie that is good for a light dinner or lunch. Just add some fresh fruit and lemonade and your meal is set.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 2 (6 ounce) bags fresh spinach, cooked,drained,and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the mushrooms, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and parsley.
- Saute/stir for 5 minutes or until veggies are slightly tender.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch quiche pan or deep dish pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, cottage cheese, MJ cheese, spinach, dill, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Spread mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40 minutes or until firm and bubbly.
- Cut into wedges and serve.