Great lunch or light supper. from cooking light, 1988
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely shredded yellow squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup wheat germ, divided
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 6-inch whole wheat pitas, halved
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 8 slices unpeeled tomatoes
- 1Coat a large frypan with veggy cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add green onions and garlic, saute 2 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini, saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain well.
- 5combine veggy mixture, 3/4 cup wheat germ, lowfat yogurt and salt in a medium bowl, stir well.
- 6Divide mixture into 24 equal portions, and shape eaach portion into a 1/4 inch thick patty.
- 7Dredge each patty in remaining 1/4 cup wheat germ, lightly coating eaach side.
- 8Coat a large frypan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- 9Add patties, cook until browned, turning once.
- 10Set aside.
- 11Spread 2 tablespoon chilled Lemon-cucumber dressing evenly into each pita half, fill each half with 2 tablespoon alfala sprouts, 1 tomato slice, and 3 veggie patties.
- 12Serve immediately.
- 13Lemon-cucumber dressing------------.
- 14Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir well.
- 15Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 16Makes about 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable patties in Pita Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 311.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g