Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Great lunch or light supper. from cooking light, 1988
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely shredded yellow squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup wheat germ, divided
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 6-inch whole wheat pitas, halved
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 8 slices unpeeled tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup grated, unpeeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons grated, unpeeled cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Coat a large frypan with veggy cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add green onions and garlic, saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini, saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- combine veggy mixture, 3/4 cup wheat germ, lowfat yogurt and salt in a medium bowl, stir well.
- Divide mixture into 24 equal portions, and shape eaach portion into a 1/4 inch thick patty.
- Dredge each patty in remaining 1/4 cup wheat germ, lightly coating eaach side.
- Coat a large frypan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add patties, cook until browned, turning once.
- Set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoon chilled Lemon-cucumber dressing evenly into each pita half, fill each half with 2 tablespoon alfala sprouts, 1 tomato slice, and 3 veggie patties.
- Serve immediately.
- Lemon-cucumber dressing------------.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir well.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Makes about 1 cup.