Recipe by swapnil_girdhar
These patties have a lovely blend of Indian spices, with a soft. You can sandwich them between burgers for a nutritious vegetarian burger, or dip them into a green chutney.
- 5 ounces green beans (sliced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crumbs of
- 4 ounces new potatoes, boiled until soft
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mango powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the beans and carrots, covered, until very soft, slightly salted water. Stir occasionally and make sure there is enough water to keep them from scalding until they are tender-soft.
- Drain off any excess water.
- Combine all ingredients except oil and combine well in a food processor or mash together by hand.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as per your preference. (You may add some green chillies or more garam masala if you prefer more heat, or more mango powder if you want it tangy).
- Divide into equal portions and shape into 3/4 inch patties, and chill for a few minutes to help them firm up better.
- Heat oil, add patties, and brown undisturbed for 1-2 minutes before flipping over.
- Cook for 1 minute periods on each side until they are crisp golden brown on the outside.
- If desired, garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a green dipping chutney on the side.
- (I have made this and included some leftover boiled mung dal in the potato mixture, which works rather well in this - I am sure any lentil would work equally great as well, it is a recommended addition).