Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really good for a side dish or for a lite lunch with a salad. I got the recipe from Prevention. You can cook them and eat them right away, or freeze them and heat them up later.
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- In a 10” non stick skillet, combine the mush, stock, onions and garlic. Cook, stirring over medium high heat for 10 mins or until the mush release their liquid.
- Add the potatoes and broccoli, cook, stirring for 5 mins or until the broc is soft. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the swiss, parm, eggs, thyme and salt to the bowl. Mix well and form into small patties.
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate and dip the patties in the crumbs, patting to make sure the crumbs adhere.
- Wash and dry the skillet. Coat with non stick spray and place over med-high heat until hot. Add the patties, working in batches. Cook for 5 minutes Turn and cook for 5 more or until golden brown.
- Freeze on a tray for several hours. Pack in a plastic bag. Thaw overnight in fridge. Place in 12” skillet, cover and cook over med high for 5 minutes.
These are the best veggie patties I have ever had! I have been looking for a long time for a good recipe for these I will stop looking. These are perfect. I cheated a bit and didn't cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic first. I just threw everything in a bowl and added a few tbls. of bread crumbs to the mix to compensate for the added moisture from the mushrooms. Then I squeezed cupfuls in my hands, shaped them into patties and coated them with bread crumbs. My whole family raved about them. Very healthy and delicious. Thanks for the great recipe, A La Carte!
this is real goog we subbed vegetable broth formed patties and then srayed them with vegetable spray not sure what he points are but looks weight watcher friendly