Recipe by Kitzy
This is a kind of vegetable pasta bake with a little bit of a difference. It goes great with steamed vegetables. You can easily double this recipe.
Top Review by Maito
This was really good. I was surprised how well the eggplant cooked up from raw to a nice texture/flavor and that the pasta didn't dry out or overcook. It was also worth browning the onions, they definitely enhance the flavor. Thanks for this yummy dish!
- 100 g pasta shells
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 140 g aubergines, roughly chopped
- 140 g courgettes, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 75 ml natural yoghurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile fry the garlic and onion in a frying pan. Add the tomatoes and tomato puree along with the herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Spread half of this mixture into the bottom of an ovenproof dish, top with the aubergine and courgette, then cover with the remaining tomato. Layer the pasta over the top.
- Beat the egg and mix in the yoghurt. Pour this over the top of the pasta.
- Bake for 45 minutes.