Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a godsend and is a favourite in this house. Salads are not usually our thing despite living in the tropics. This recipe is great as these are the vegetables that are most frequently in season here. It doesn't take long to make and if you use coloured pasta and interesting shapes you have a great recipe for pot luck dinners and BBQs that always disappears quickly. The eggplant we use are the Lebanese eggplant which don't need the salting routine.
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces fusilli or 12 ounces similar large pasta, shape
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, diced
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Combine zucchini, eggplant, onion, capsicum and garlic in a baking dish.
- Toss with olive oil.
- Bake for abut 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a salad bowl combine the vegetables, cooled pasta, tomatoes, feta and salad dressing.
- Toss until well mixed.
- I just use a little extra virgin olive oil and some white wine vinegar or cider vinegar with a few fresh herbs for my dressing.
This salad has excellent flavor combinations and was a great meal with some nice home baked olive bread. Also good after all the Xmas food, because it was substancial but light at the same time. I made my own dressing only because I can not buy the Italian dressing here that you mentioned and I don't like the ones here in the shops. I loved the Feta in the salad. I sprinkled some torn basil leaves on the salad just before serving it.
This is a wonderful salad. Love all the different veggies. My favorite ingredients are the feta cheese and Italian dressing. Very zesty and full of flavor. An easy salald to make, which is always nice. I took this to work for lunch and found it very filling. Thanks for sharing this.
Great pasta salad! I make this all the time now as a side when we're grilling out. I usually sub broccoli florets for the eggplant and add some mushrooms. I also generally reduce the dressing to 1/2 or 3/4 cup -- just personal preference. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!