Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (27 1/2 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- 2 cups canned sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups thin yellow squash, slices halved
- 2 cups zucchini, slices halved
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided in half (2oz)
- Combine pasta, sauce, half of mozzarella cheese, vegetables and half of Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Great way to incorporate veggies into your main dish! I added a fresh tomato and large sweet onion and roasted these with the squash and some garlic cloves in the oven first. I also added some other types of cheeses because I needed to clean out the refrigerator before vacation! LOL! This would be a great dish to take to a potluck. Thanks for sharing! I prepared this for ZWT4.
Delicious!! and so easy!! We loved it! The only think missing for us what spices - I would add some oregano, some crushed red pepper, maybe some thyme. I added some onions and some red bell peppers. Thanks dreamgoddess - will make it again!!
This is a review for a recipe I picked for the Adopted Recipe Swap #1. And I sure am glad that I picked it. It is great. I did have to cut it down a good bit, because there is just the 2 of us at home, but it was easy to adjust. I did use a jar of Pizza Sauce instead of the regular Pasta sauce, because I didn't need that much for my recipe. Other than that, I made exactly as directed. If you do cut it down, you will have to adjust your dish size and cook time also, depending on the size you use.