1/1 Photo of Vegetable Party Sandwiches
Seasoned Cook's Note:
This is my sister's recipe which she makes for parties and holiday events. The sandwiches are always a popular food item! In Spring of 2007, this recipe was featured in two North Carolina newspapers by the famous Food Editor, Helen Moore. Plan ahead because the vegetable mixture needs to be refrigerated 25 hours for the flavors to blend well. The recipe yields 112 party-size, quartered sandwiches. Preparation time, not refrigeration time, is stated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve gelatin in water according to directions.
- 2In a large bowl, mix dissolved gelatin with carrots, celery, cucumber, onion, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Refrigerate for 25 hours.
- 3When ready to make sandwiches, if mixture is too jelled to spread well, add 1/3 to 1/2 cup more mayonnaise.
- 4Using an electric knife, trim crusts from bread edges. Spread vegetable mixture on bread and make 28 sandwiches. Cut into quarters.
- 5Layer cut sandwiches in a large plastic container with damp paper towels between layers until serving time.
Browse Our Top Wedding Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wedding Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Party Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 112
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 92.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g