Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
really yummy and easy
- 2 cups rice
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup beans
- 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 cups cheese (shredded)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- aluminium aluminum foil
- cut the bacon into small peics
- cut up all the vegetable (not the garlic) and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- place the rice in a pot of boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- get a roll of alfoil and mesure out roughly 5 larg squares.
- in the alfoil place some rice and vegetable, garlic to taste and put the shredded cheese on top, wrap up in the alfoil so its tight
- place in the oven or BBQ until hot or ready to serve.
I am going to give this a 5 star rating because my daughter loved it so much! Normally she eats like a bird, but she had 2 large helpings of this, and it was chock full of vegetables, so that was an added bonus. I used yellow beans, asparagus and carrots as that was what I had on hand. I added some chopped green onion to mine and my husband's, it was terrific. I was not sure just what to do with the butter, so I dabbed it on top of the whole things and made 4 parcels. Also, I pre-cooked the bacon so it wouldn't be too fatty. It came together so easily, and could be eaten as a meal. Thanks for posting this recipe, it's going in my cookbook of my daughter's favourites! made for Aussie Swap :)