Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Not the usual pancake but one that my husband and I thought was interesting and delicious. Adapted from Southern Living
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium baking potato
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (as needed)
- In a small bowl, mix together the first 3 ingredients; chill for 2-4 hours.
- Peel the potato; grate the potato, zucchini, and carrots (my food processor works well for this step).
- Press grated vegetables between paper towels to drain as much moisture as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the grated vegetables, onion, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter per pancake into skillet.
- Cook each pancake approximately 4 minutes on each side; add more oil to skillet as needed.
- Drain pancakes on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.