Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Paula Deen's recipe for these vegetable pancakes are by far the best I have ever had
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- in a mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk,carrots , zucchini, and onions.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Using a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Pour the batter by tablespoons into the pan, making a few pancakes at a time.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side and golden brown.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Great pancakes. I made them with grated potatoes instead of carrots and add some corn. Made a double batch. Simply delicious!!!
We topped this with okonomiyake sauce. Next time we'll also top with a fried egg.
I am trying to eat more veggies, AND find new ways to use the zucchini in my garden. I thought this recipe was very good. I didn't have green onions, so omitted them, and substituted whole wheat flour and coconut oil in the recipe in place of all purpose flour and vegetable oil. I would try these again. I think I'll play around with this a bit with some other spices as well to give it a little extra kick. Thanks for this recipe!