Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Paula Deen's recipe for these vegetable pancakes are by far the best I have ever had
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- in a mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk,carrots , zucchini, and onions.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Using a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Pour the batter by tablespoons into the pan, making a few pancakes at a time.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side and golden brown.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve immediately.
I am trying to eat more veggies, AND find new ways to use the zucchini in my garden. I thought this recipe was very good. I didn't have green onions, so omitted them, and substituted whole wheat flour and coconut oil in the recipe in place of all purpose flour and vegetable oil. I would try these again. I think I'll play around with this a bit with some other spices as well to give it a little extra kick. Thanks for this recipe!
Very Good!! We are big Paula Deen Fans. We found this recipe on another site and made them for dinner. I came on to post so I didn't lose the recipe and found it already here. We ended up using about 1 1/2 cups of zucchini and less carrot. We love them!!
These were just alright to me...I made them so my two yr old could ear more veggies. He didnt like them. But the next day i heated them up for him for lunch and he ate them. So thats all that mattered.