Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever"
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed but not drained
- 2 cups converted white rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart electric slow cooker, combine the undrained spinach, rice, stock, bell pepper, roasted peppers, onion, garlic, saffron, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on the LOW heat setting about 4 hours, or until the rice is just tender but the grains are still separate and not mushy; watch closely near the end of the cooking time.
- Stir in the artichokes and thawed vegetables.
- Increase the heat to the HIGH setting and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.