1/1 Photo of Vegetable Paella
1 hr 5 mins
Satisfied Kris's Note:
I love this dish! And that's saying a lot since there is no meat in it :) Makes a hearty meal. Original recipe found in "Land O Lakes Occasionally Vegetarian Recipe Collection". Even though it's from Land O Lakes, don't look for butter in this recipe - it's not there
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup eggplant (1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup zucchini (1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1In Dutch oven combine oil, onion, red pepper and garlic.
- 2Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion and pepper are softened (5 minutes).
- 3Add rice.
- 4Continue cooking 1 minute, stirring constantly, to coat with oil.
- 5Add tomatoes, broth, carrots and paprika.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Cover; reduce heat to medium low.
- 8Cook 10 minutes, stirring once.
- 9Add artichoke hearts, eggplant and zucchini.
- 10Continue cooking, stirring once, until broth is almost absorbed (10 to 12 minutes).
- 11Add peas and parsley.
- 12Continue cooking until heated through (3 to 4 minutes).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Paella
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g