1/4 Photos of Vegetable Paella
A version of the traditional Spanish dish for those that can't or don't want to eat the meat and fish that is usually on the ingredients list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper, cored and diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen are fine
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch saffron thread (not absolutely necessary but nice)
- 28 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- ground black pepper
- 10 ounces long grain rice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1Dissolve the saffron in the vegetable stock.
- 2Prepare all the ingredients and have them lined up in front of you in the order listed above.
- 3Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onions and garlic, cover and cook for about 3 minutes until soft.
- 4Then add the peppers and peas, stir in, cover again and cook for a few more minutes.
- 5Make a well in the center, put the tomatoes in the well and the paprika on top.
- 6Then add the stock (with the saffron if you have it), but make sure it doesn't overflow: If it gets more then half a cm close to the rim of the pan, stop adding stock and just use less rice.
- 7Season with pepper and stir.
- 8Scatter as much of the rice as you think will fit over the stock, stir it in gently, then allow it to simmer gently until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is cooked. This should take about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Test a bit of the rice to see if it's cooked, add a bit of stock or hot water if it is not done.
- 10Stir in the parsley a few minutes before it has finished cooking, if you want to use it, then serve hot.
- 11Also nice cold eaten as leftovers.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Paella
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: