Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from "The Balabuste's Choice" Kosher Cookbook. Personally, I don't like the smell of the bamboo shoots and so usually omit it.
- 12 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 squash, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- Cook and drain orzo.
- Saute onions in oil for ten minutes, until translucent.
- Add peppers and squash. Saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Add margarine, soup mix, and orzo; mix well.
- Cook for fifteen minutes or bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Easy and quick to make. Tasted good but needs more spice added. i'm just not sure what... Overall good though.