Recipe by brokenburner
This is from "The Balabuste's Choice" Kosher Cookbook. Personally, I don't like the smell of the bamboo shoots and so usually omit it.
- 12 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 squash, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain orzo.
- Saute onions in oil for ten minutes, until translucent.
- Add peppers and squash. Saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Add margarine, soup mix, and orzo; mix well.
- Cook for fifteen minutes or bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.