Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderfully hearty soup, great for a lazy Sunday dinner. Suitable for vegans.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 680.38 g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (or green)
- 1419.54 ml water
- 14.79 ml vegan chicken bouillon powder (or to taste)
- 236.59 ml dried red lentils
- 425.24 g kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 425.24 g corn kernels, drained
- 113.39 g thin gluten-free pasta (spaghetti, broken into pieces)
- 473.18 ml Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, pumpkin and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in water and add remaining ingredients except spinach, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir through baby spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper.
*Reviewed for PAC Sept/October 2007* This is a delicious soup. Great flavour and texture combination. The lentils thickened the soup and the gluten-free spaghetti pieces were a great addition (they didn't go soggy like rice noodles). Left-overs will be my lunch for tomorrow at work. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. This one will definitely be made again :)