Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderfully hearty soup, great for a lazy Sunday dinner. Suitable for vegans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (or green)
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegan chicken bouillon powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 ounces corn kernels, drained
- 4 ounces thin gluten-free pasta (spaghetti, broken into pieces)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, pumpkin and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in water and add remaining ingredients except spinach, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir through baby spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper.
*Reviewed for PAC Sept/October 2007* This is a delicious soup. Great flavour and texture combination. The lentils thickened the soup and the gluten-free spaghetti pieces were a great addition (they didn't go soggy like rice noodles). Left-overs will be my lunch for tomorrow at work. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. This one will definitely be made again :)