1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces egg noodles or 12 ounces thin egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can italian roma tomatoes, cut up and juice reserved
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth or 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth or 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) cans white cannellini beans or 2 (12 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2While noodles are cooking, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Saute onion, stirring until pale golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add garlic, carrots and celery and saute until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes and reserved juice, broth, water, oregano, basil, bay leaf, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, about 30 minutes.
- 7Stir in the beans and cooked noodles.
- 8Remove bay leaf.
- 9Sprinkle some of the parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on each serving of soup, or stir into saucepan prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 665.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth