Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm getting to like dishes with vegetables as the stars.
- 4 ounces no yolk noodles, uncooked
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Saute celery, onion, green pepper, and broccoli in oil until tender.
- Stir in milk, salt, and cheese.
- Add noodles and spoon into a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and drizzle with butter, bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.