Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came as a result of a period of time where I was unable to consume cheeses and still wanted something that resembled lasagna.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 236.59 ml red onion (diced)
- 19.71 ml garlic
- 236.59 ml zucchini (diced)
- 236.59 ml yellow squash (diced)
- 236.59 ml carrot (diced)
- 236.59 ml mushroom (diced)
- 236.59 ml red pepper (diced)
- 236.59 ml broccoli (diced)
- 236.59 ml cauliflower (diced)
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 737.08 g tomato sauce (Classico Sweet Basil & Tomato)
- 473.18 ml chicken breasts (for topping only)
- In a large skillet add all of your vegetables with 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil and sauté for approximately 5 minutes add salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and sauce. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles to instructions on box.
- Arrange noodles in a 9x9-inch pan top with 1/3 of the veggie mixture repeat 2 more times. Garnish with 2 cups diced cooked chicken meat.
- Bake at 375°F for 60-75 minutes check for veggie doneness.
I should say I am not generally a lasagna fan, but this is awesome and I enjoyed every vegan bite (left off the chicken). Very easy to make, just a bit of chopping involved, but after that so quick to throw in the oven, and I found it only needed to bake 40 minutes. Subbing sweet potato for squash worked great. A good quality canned sauce is essential (I used Splendido Italian Herb Magic, yum!). A nice spiciness here too. Next time I'll be less generous with the red pepper flakes (silly me, LOL) and reduce the salt to 1/4 tsp. But again, I loved it! Thanks!