Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came as a result of a period of time where I was unable to consume cheeses and still wanted something that resembled lasagna.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup red onion (diced)
- 4 teaspoons garlic
- 1 cup zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup yellow squash (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup mushroom (diced)
- 1 cup red pepper (diced)
- 1 cup broccoli (diced)
- 1 cup cauliflower (diced)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 26 ounces tomato sauce (Classico Sweet Basil & Tomato)
- 2 cups chicken breasts (for topping only)
- In a large skillet add all of your vegetables with 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil and sauté for approximately 5 minutes add salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and sauce. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles to instructions on box.
- Arrange noodles in a 9x9-inch pan top with 1/3 of the veggie mixture repeat 2 more times. Garnish with 2 cups diced cooked chicken meat.
- Bake at 375°F for 60-75 minutes check for veggie doneness.
I should say I am not generally a lasagna fan, but this is awesome and I enjoyed every vegan bite (left off the chicken). Very easy to make, just a bit of chopping involved, but after that so quick to throw in the oven, and I found it only needed to bake 40 minutes. Subbing sweet potato for squash worked great. A good quality canned sauce is essential (I used Splendido Italian Herb Magic, yum!). A nice spiciness here too. Next time I'll be less generous with the red pepper flakes (silly me, LOL) and reduce the salt to 1/4 tsp. But again, I loved it! Thanks!